Emmis Communications is an American media company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and founded in 1980. They began in radio and have a history in TV, publishing and mobile operations. Emmis leverages technology to make their leave management easy given that their employees work across multiple states which means multiple leave law jurisdictions.
When it comes to leave management, Emmis has two main priorities:
- Ensuring they give their employees the right amount of leave while remaining compliant with federal laws like the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as well as state leave laws.
- Gaining more insight into their leave trends, to understand where the most leaves are occurring.
Emmis has been using Presagia's (our parent company) leave management solution since 2014 and they’ve been overjoyed with their decision ever since! Presagia Leave has helped with both of Emmis’ leave management goals, and more! Having a leave solution with comprehensive automation and continuously updated leave rules has enabled Jan Proctor, Payroll Specialist, to stay on top of leave management, along with her other responsibilities, even as Emmis has made changes to their company structure and downsized.
"As our company has downsized, we've gone from two leave case managers to one in the past few years. That puts a lot of pressure on me to ensure that our employees who work in other states get the right amount of leave."
- Jan Proctor, Payroll Specialist
In Presagia's latest success story about Emmis, they dive into reporting to look at their leave trends. One particularly interesting area was looking at leave usage trends over the years, which is displayed in the chart below.
This is just the tip of the iceberg! Learn more about Emmis’ evolution in Presagia's newest success story, Emmis Communications Maintains Leave Compliance With Presagia.
Download it for free and discover:
- How one leave case manager does it all
- Reports they used to learn which stations have lost the most time
- Their three most common types of leaves from 2014-2019