As you may know, providing employees with reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) is one of the most challenging aspects of absence management. To help clear up some of the ADA confusion, we've decided to share a great new resource created by our parent company, Presagia!
Presagia has authored a brand new whitepaper to help you better understand your obligations under this complex piece of legislation, and how technology can help! To celebrate its release, we’re also going to explore key elements of ADA compliance in this new blog series!
In the first post of this series, we're sharing the new ADA whitepaper for you!
The whitepaper, Everything You Need to Know About the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), is now available to download for free!
Here’s what you can expect from this new whitepaper:
- To gain a deeper understanding of the intricacies of the ADA, and how it interacts with other legislation, including the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- To understand essential terms and definitions
- To learn a best-practice workflow for the ADA interactive process
- To discover how technology, including accommodation case management systems, can be leveraged at the various stages of the interactive process
- To feel empowered to run your accommodation program compliantly and confidently
Stay tuned for the next post in this series where we’ll explore the basics, like what “disability” means under the ADA, who’s covered, and the risks of non-compliance!
Check out our other posts in the series (links to be added as published) and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to receive updates the moment they go live!